Free School Meals: Has your circumstances changed – eligibility checker
You may have recently seen announcements in the news regarding Free School Meals (FSMs) vouchers.
Children in Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2 (Fnd and KS1) all automatically receive the Government Funded Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM). However, to be eligible for Free School Meals (FSMs) and therefore to receive the vouchers, you need to be in receipt of certain benefits (please see the list below).
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
We encourage anyone, who believes they are eligible, to register for FSMs, even if your child would normally bring a packed lunch or qualifies for UIFSM, as this allows the school to claim additional much needed and valuable funding. Parents would receive the FSM vouchers during term at this very strange unprecedented period of time.
For more information, please see the Gov.uk website: https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals/plymouth
If you have not thought to apply before or your circumstances have changed, you can check if you are eligible and apply using their online portal via the below link. Just select How to apply, click ‘Apply for free school meals’, register or log in and just follow the instructions:
If you think you are eligible, please don’t delay in applying to ensure your application can be reviewed in good time before the next round of vouchers are processed ready for the first week after Easter.
If you have any queries, please contact the school via firstname.lastname@example.org